You can check out the video version of this guide here: VIDEO GUIDE
In this guide ill be teaching you everything you need to know about infinite weapons in the Resident Evil 2 Remake, plus some super helpful S+ ranking tips near the end, so make sure to check that out.
First up we have the Unbreakable Combat Knife, to unlock this Knife you will need to locate and smash all 15 Mr. Raccoon Toys in the game on any difficulty, this can be achieved by either by knifing or shooting. Each one is permanently recorded in your game file so you dont need to smash them all in the same run.
- 9 of the toys can be destroyed by either Leon or Claire.
- 3 of the toys can only be destroyed by Claire.
- 2 of the toys can only be destroyed by Leon.
- The final 15th toy can only be destroyed at the start of Scenario B, by either Leon or Claire.
Once all 15 toys have been smashed, the Unbreakable Knife will then be added to the inventory box for both characters which will be available to use from that point on, in all scenarios on any difficulty, and in all current saves.
It’s a good idea to unlock as soon as possible, the Combat Knife is already an extremely handy weapon to have in Resident Evil 2, and in its unbreakable form, it’s a game changer. As well as testing if zombies are really dead and countering melee attacks, if used strategically it can also deal a good amount of damage against bosses, saving precious ammunition on harder difficulties.
Its worth noting that using the Unbreakable Knife to counter melee attacks will still need to be manually recovered after killing the attacker in question, if you end up losing the Unbreakable Knife, you wont get it back for the rest of that playthrough. So on Hardcore its best not to use it as a counter measure against zombies. However, even if you do lose it, it will simply re-appear back in your inventory box on starting, or loading, a new game.
OK next up we have the Infinite Ammo Samurai Edge handgun, to unlock this staple weapon you will need to achieve an S rank playthrough on any one of the four Scenarios.
The easiest way to achieve an S rank is to complete Scenario A on Standard difficulty within 3 hours and 30 minutes, there no other restrictions. You can save the game unlimited times, use all health items, die unlimited times, and use unlimited weapons, it wont make any difference to your ranking, as long as you are playing on Standard difficulty and complete the game within the allocated time window, you’re good to go.
Achieving an S rank for the first time on any one of the four scenarios in Standard difficulty will add the infinite Ammo Samurai Edge handgun to the inventory box for both characters, which will be available to use from that point on, in all scenarios on any difficulty, and in all current saves.
When choosing your first run for S rank its worth noting that Scenario A is easier than Scenario B and Claire A is easier than Leon A in terms of challenge, since her arsenal is more effective against tougher enemies. However your decision should be solely made on which character progression you know best and feel the most familiar with.
OK next up we have the Infinite Ammo LE 5 Submachine gun, to unlock this you will need to complete any of the four Scenarios on Hardcore difficulty with an S ranking. Again, the easiest way to do this is by selecting Scenario A, where you are given an additional 30 minutes of time over Scenario B, to earn that S rank. Just like the Samurai Edge, everything else is permitted, so you can save the game unlimited times, use all health items, and use any unlocked unlimited weapons, it wont affect your ranking.
Achieving an S rank for the first time on any one of the four scenarios on Hardcore difficulty will add the infinite Ammo Submachine gun to the inventory box for both characters, which will be available to use from that point on, in all scenarios on any difficulty, and in all current saves.
Finally, we have the Infinite Ammo ATM-Rocket Launcher and Infinite Ammo Minigun, both of these weapons can only be unlocked by achieving the maximum possible S+ ranking, just like unlocking the standard S rank, you will have to complete any Scenario on Hardcore difficulty within a time limit of 2 hours and thirty minutes for Scenario A.
However, to add that super sexy + on the end needed to unlock the Rocket Launcher and Minigun, you will need to save no more than 3 times as well as NOT use any unlocked infinite ammo weapons, the only one that’s permitted is the Unbreakable Combat Knife.
Completing an S+ rank on Hardcore with Leon will add the Infinite Rocket Launcher to the inventory box for use by both characters from that point on, and completing an S+ rank with Claire on Hardcore will add the Infinite Minigun. Achieving an S+ on Hardcore with either character will also unlock the Infinite Handgun and Infinite Submachinegun for both characters, if you haven’t already done so.
Here are a few helpful tips when running to unlock infinite weapons:
- You cannot use any unlocked infinite ammo weapon to achieve an S+ rank, if you do then you will be automatically capped to the S rank. The only unlockable weapon you CAN use for S+ is the Unbreakable Knife.
- Scenario A New Game is slightly easier to complete than Scenario B 2nd Run as it gives 30 minutes more time to complete and spawns tougher enemies much later when compared to Scenario B. So when ranking for infinite ammo weapons selecting Scenario A will be the easier path. It goes without saying that acquiring an S ranking on the Assisted difficulty is impossible so don’t bother choosing Assisted if infinite ammo weapons are your goal.
- To check your in game timer hit Pause to open the Pause menu and your current time will be displayed at the top right of the screen. When you are in this Pause screen the timer is halted until you unpause so feel free to take as many breaks as you need. However the timer will continue to tick on any other screen, including your inventory screen, item box, and map screen, so make sure to hit that Pause button if you need to halt the timer while looking up that puzzle solution.
- Besides the Pause screen, the only other time the timer is halted is during cutscenes so feel free to let them play out if you wanna chill for some time and enjoy the visuals, only when the cutscene finishes, or is manually skipped, will the timer continue its count.
- If you die you will be given the option to Continue or to load a saved game, if you choose to Continue, the timer will continue to count losing you time on splash screens and load times. However if you choose to manually Load a Game the timer will reset back to the point recorded in the save game file, whether that’s an auto save or manual save. The only down side to Loading is the adaptive difficulty integrated into the game will assume you have never died so may make the enemies tougher, or at the very least, remain the same, whereas multiple continues may trigger the adaptive algorithm to cut you some slack, the choice is yours.
Have YOU unlocked any infinite weapons or achieved an S+ rank yet? If so then please share your experience and any tips or tricks you may have in the comments below, if you learned a thing or two from this guide please consider Subscribing to our Youtube channel (YOUTUBE GUIDE) if you would like to see more content from GamerGrade 🙂